In high school and university (college) I played football. It was always a challenge to play, to make the team and to start. I was 5 for 8 inches (not tall), and high school 145 pounds, and college 168. Not the biggest, fast, or strongest. BUT I did have Heart. And some times desire, persistence, and faith is enough to get you what you want in life.
I recall spending all summer gaining weight (high school to college), and working out 1 to 2 times a day to get “make it”. I was fairly demoralized, when I show up at tryouts, only to find there were 110 defensive backs trying out for 12 positions (some which were taken by returning players). But I stuck with it, waiting every day to get “cut”, but giving my all (and more), every day. Strangely, I made the team. But did not start that first year. Did play in a few games mid year and toward the end of the year started. And once I started you were not getting that position back. I owned it till I graduated.
Football to me was life, and it taught be a lot about life. These are my lessons, hope you can use them.
- Coaches will get you there quicker than trying to figure it out yourself. In life i have had dozens of coaches, I listen, and follow their game plan. Football, Real Estate, Business, Trading and life.
- Listen and use the information, from better players, and coaches who have gotten the results you want. I am sure I made the team on some ideas, suggestions and strategies from Cowboy (the captain of the team).
- Discipline every day, will make you stronger, faster and win the game. Nike is right. Just do it. Don’t think. Just do it.
- NEVER quit. NEVER give up. NEVER surrender.
- Heart. Desire. Will get you to your goals. If want it bad enough, and you work hard enough, you will get there.
- Work harder than others. If you do what others won’t, you will have what other don’t.
- You will not alway win, but if you leave a full effort on the field, you can be proud of your play. I always give my all.
- Bounce. After a bad, play, game or outcome. Come back refreshed, alive with faith and positive attitude. Nothing matches a wining attitude.
Hope you take some of these advice and use it now.