It is not enough to have a good product, service or idea. You must have a better product orreason for people to buy your product. We call this Marketing Distinction. A compellingreason to use your product and not the competitors.
If you think of solid companies, they often have a unique distinction in the marketplace thatsets them a part from the competition, or makes them very memorable. Remember thesecompanies:
- Hertz. We are number 1.
- Avis. We try harder.
- Pepsi. The choice of a new generation.
- Pizza Pizza. 30 minutes or free.
- Nordstrom’s. No questions asked return guarantee.
- Coors. Mountain fresh.
Marketing distinction is usually, a key reason folks want to use your service. It might be:
- 24 hour customer service (and your competitor has 12 hours service).
- Unique delivery mechanism. Books getting download or immediate access.
- Specialized service. We only do brakes (nothing else).
- Full service. We are the one stop for all your financial needs.
- Quality. We are the best in the market.
- Guarantees. 100% money back guarantee.
- Consulting. We support your product, for 1 year.
- Emotional association. Freedom. Sex. Love. Achievement.
Give it some serious thought and research.